Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Friday, February 27, 2009
1. YOUR REAL NAME: Ryan Matthew Hooks
2. WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother and father's middle names) Thomas Ann
3. NASCAR NAME: (first name of your mother's dad, father's dad) Bobby Paul
4. STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first name) Hoory
5. DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal) Blue Dog
6. SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, town where you were born) Matthew Henderson
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (2nd fav color, fav drink, add "THE" to the beginning) The red diet dr pepper
8. FLY NAME: (first 2 letters of 1st name, last 2 letters of your last name) Ryks
9. STREET NAME: (fav ice cream flavor, fav cookie) Pralines n Cream Oatmeal n Chocolate Chip
10. ROCK STAR NAME: (current pets name, current street name) Cooper Tomas
11. PORN NAME: (1st pet, street you grew up on) Amy Parkview
12. YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (first 3 letters of real name plus izzle) Ryaizzle
13. YOUR GOTH NAME: (black, and the name of one of your pets) Black Charley
14. STRIPPER NAME: (name of your fav perfume/cologne, fav and candy) Allure Twix
Thursday, February 26, 2009
2. My freshman year of college I swore off dating for a year because of some bad choices I had made and my mother thought that I was never going to marry so she called my childhood youth minister’s wife and had her convince me to date again.
3. I never dated anyone more than 2 weeks until I met Ryan and we dated 4 continuous years until we married and now have almost been married 2 years.
4. I have never had a speeding ticket in my life. Yea for being a granny driver! I had never had a wreck until I moved to San Antonio.
5. I have never missed a Baylor Homecoming in my whole life. 26 years and counting!
6. Not one single thing when wrong at my wedding. It was the most perfect day of my life and I would never change a thing about it! I married my best friend and true love.
7. I have been to the same resort in Cabo San Lucas Mexico on vacation 5 times.
8. I alphabetize all 200 of my DVD’s and am very anal to keep them that way.
9. I never planned on or wanted to be a teacher even though I have many teachers in my family but, I have come to love it!
10. I spent 1 week out of 5 summers in High School and College to re-roof homes for needy families with World Changers! I am a pro!
11. I had 2 knee surgeries in High School to fix my “dancers knees” and my friends took my everywhere in a wheel chair so that I could enjoy my senior year.
12. My guilty TV pleasure is Big Love on HBO. I am totally sucked into polygamy. (Don’t agree with it but am fascinated with those involved)
13. I am an English teacher and I stink at grammar and spelling.
14. My junior year in college I almost ruptured my appendix while on a Baylor Student Foundation recruiting trip in Little Rock, Arkansas. I thought it was food poisoning and called my mother in the middle of the night from the hotel room bathroom floor and she told me to go ask the front desk clerk for 7up and crackers! Yeah, that will fix it! When I got back to Waco I had my roommates take me to the Baylor clinic and of course they did not know what to do with me so they sent me on to the hospital. I had an emergency appendectomy a few hours later and still have the scar to prove it!
15. The summer after my sophomore year in college I worked at Camp Buckner in Burnet, Texas and somewhere in the town I picked up Pertussis (sp?) (Whooping Cough) and infected half of the staff with it. We were all placed in detox for a week to protect the children we worked with. Later I read that there were 84 cases of Whooping Cough in that county that summer. Yikes!
16. I have had the same best girl friends since 1st grade and the 4 of us still get together every summer for a get a way! I hope we keep this tradition going forever!
17. My best friend and Maid of Honor, Lyndsey, set up Ryan and I on a blind date in March of 2003. Man can she pick them!
18. As a child I ate tomatoes like apples, with a little salt.
19. I sang “I saw the light” at a church children’s choir talent show when I was in 6th grade. If you don’t know the song is about a woman seeing her husband in the window of their house with another woman and they were not being shy. Why would my mother let me sing that song???
20. If I could have any job in the world it would be to be a radio talk show host about love and relationships or being a photographer.
21. My mother and I could totally be wedding planners! It would be a great team! We planned my wedding down to the last candle!
22. I became a Christian and was baptized at the age of 9. I grew up in a wonderful faith focused home and feel blessed to have the childhood that I did.
23. I have never been to a real concert of any sort.
24. I want to live on a beautiful ranch in Oregon, but I want that ranch to be in Texas!
25. I married for money! Just Kidding, I am the sugar mamma in this relationship!
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Friday, January 9, 2009
Ryan, Sam and Derek
Yes, that is a fight!
Monday, January 5, 2009
Charley Rolls Over
Thursday, January 1, 2009
After Ryan took the 2nd part of his board exam on the 22nd and 23rd we spent all Christmas Eve driving to Kilgore to celebrate with the Hooks.
Brandon and Jessica
Keith and Paula
We also had our very own dog kennel with 5 inside dogs and 1 cat.
Cooper and Charley enjoyed as much lap time as the could get.
After a few days time we were off to Waco for the Oates/Palmer/Rhodes Christmas.
It was most fun to watch Carter and Clarey get into the holiday spirit.
Clarey and her 4th Christmas dress from Aunt Lanna.
The Kiddos look happy about their presents.
Clarey feeding her Baby Belle that we gave her for Christmas.
All the grandkids with Mom Ruth!
Sweaters and Jeans!
Our traditional gingerbread house with Carter, Aunt B and Uncle Ryan.
The Oates Clan
After another Merry Christmas Ryan, I and the dogs made it back to San Antonio to play with our presents and ring in the new year with our life group friends. We still are enjoying our next few days before school and work start Jan. 5th.
Only 5 more months till Ryan graduates from Dental School so we are looking for a new place to call home and for Ryan to begin his career in dentistry.
Happy New Year. We hope 2009 brings you many blessings!