Wednesday, December 29, 2010
This is Jackson's "Froggie". Some may call it a lovie or a bubba, but Ryan would not go for those names, we will have to wait and see what Jackson wants to call it. Many of you know that I had a blanket that I called "blankie" that I was very attached to and slept with every night of my life up until the day I got married. Then I retired it to my sock drawer where it waits in case I need it one day. I hope Jackson doesn't have his that long but at this age I think every baby needs something that creates safety and gives comfort. Don't worry, we got 3 extras and Pottery Barn Kids has more if we run out! :)
Monday, December 27, 2010
Jackson has turned 4 months and the time could have not gone by faster! One year ago today (12/27/09) I got a positive pregnancy test! Now I have a big healthy baby boy! Here is what he has been up to this month:
- He is all about grabbing things (ex. my hair, Ryan's lip, "froggie" and many new toys)
- He is a drooler (not even teething yet!)
- He is great at focusing on things: his hands, toys, lights, our iPhone, the TV, and Ryan and I (especially when he is mad and blames us for it).
- Still cries after every feeding until he gets his pacifier
- Smiles, giggles, talks and coos a lot!
- Thinks it is hilarious when he gets a shirt pulled over his head for a wardrobe change
- Before the holidays he was on a perfect schedule (going to sleep by 8:30 PM and waking between 7:30 and 8AM (hopefully we will get back to it soon!)
- He can roll over from back to front and front to back
- At exactly 4 months I found him one morning swaddled and on his stomach, I guess this means no more swaddling, yikes!
- Still cries at the smallest pee diaper
- Pretty much still a perfect baby! We feel so lucky and blessed!
1/7/2011: 4 month appointment: 12.6 lbs (10th precentile), 26 inches in length and a big ole head!
He is a bit skinny so we will work on getting his weight up this next month!
Friday, December 24, 2010
Mom Ruth looking cute in her scarf!
Brandon with Clarey, Campbell and Carter
Ya-ya's Christmas Tree before opening all the gifts! (Campbell was napping)
Ya-Ya got them all matching outfits to wear to church.
Jackson and Pop
Madilyn and her first tricycle.
All the loot! He is one spoiled little guy!
He can fit into his stocking!! Love it!
Monday, December 20, 2010
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Friday, December 3, 2010
- He is on a more consistent schedule now: He wakes up at 6AM for a feeding, then goes back to sleep till his 9 AM feeding, then he is awake for an hour and a half, 10:30 AM nap, 12PM feeding, 1:30 nap, 3PM feeding, 4:30 nap, 6PM feeding, 7:45 bath, 8PM bedtime, 9 last feeding, then he sleeps all night :)
- Poops once a day, after his noon feeding
- He is smiling and "talking"
- Recognizes me and Ryan
- Has to be swaddled to sleep
- Magician at getting his arms out of his swaddle
- Started to hold toys when we give them to him
- Hates being in his car seat when we are not moving
- Sleeps well in Baby Bjorn
- Cries at every slightly dirty diaper
- Loves his bouncy seat and floor mat
- Sometimes he takes naps in his swing
- Sleeps in his crib
- Takes a pacifier to fall asleep
- Still in size 1 diapers and 3-6 month clothes
- 12 pounds (he is skinny and long)
- Made it to his first Baylor and A&M football games
- Had his first babysitter (3 times in Waco and once in College Station)
- Smiles a lot when on his changing table and getting a new diaper or clothes change
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Sunday, November 7, 2010
We got 3 free tickets for the Aggie game this weekend against OU and decided to take Jackson to his first game. Needless to say, it was not a success. We spent the first 5 minutes of the game in our seats in the 3rd deck and then Jackson lost it so we spent the rest of the 1st half in the corridors. I was able to meet up with a college roommate in the end zone and she was able to meet Jackson! We made it home in time to watch the Aggies beat OU on TV in the warmth of our living room. Jackson was very happy to be home and we may not be taking him back anytime soon.
Happy first 5 minutes of the game!
Then he looses it under the bleachers!
So happy with momma!
Meeting Auntie Em at the game! Love you and miss you girl!
Bob Oates of Waco went home to be with his Lord early Tuesday morning, October 26, 2010, at a local hospital. Services will be 1:30 p.m., Friday, October 29, 2010, at Columbus Avenue Baptist Church with Dr. Ken Hall, the Rev. David English, and Dr. Brian Dunks officiating. Burial will follow at Oakwood Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 6-8 p.m. today, October 28, 2010, at Wilkerson Hatch Bailey Funeral Home, 6101 Bosque Blvd.
Bobby Kenneth Oates was born on July 10, 1945, in Amarillo. He was 65 years old. Bob graduated from Amarillo High in 1963, and Texas Tech University in 1968. He earned his master's degree in business administration from Stephen F. Austin State University in 1978. He spent his past 29 years as a school business administrator, with his final three years in Waco near his grand kids.
He and his wife of 38 years, Donna, were active members for 29 years at First Baptist Church in Longview, where he served as a deacon, taught Sunday school, directed Royal Ambassadors, and traveled to a Mexico orphanage yearly to do construction and minister to orphans. Upon moving to Waco, they joined Columbus Avenue Baptist Church, where he was a member of the Sibley Sunday school class. Although he was a Texas Tech Alumni, he dearly loved his Baylor Bears. He was an "alumni by choice" and attended football and basketball games regularly.
He was the ultimate caretaker, always putting others' needs before his own. He lived to serve, whether he was washing his kids' cars, mowing others' lawns, or reaching out to the poor. Bob loved his family and grand kids more than anything. Bob had a heart for the lost, and regularly shared his faith with those around him.
He is survived by his wife, Donna Rhodes Oates; daughter, Brittany Hooks and husband, Ryan; and son, Brandon Oates and wife, Elizabeth; and four grandchildren, Carter, Clarey, and Campbell Oates and Jackson Hooks. He is also survived by his brother, Bill Oates and wife, Micki, of Ropesville.
Memorial donations can be made to First Baptist Church Longview Mexico Mission Trip, 209 E. South Street, Longview, TX 75601, or MD Anderson Cancer Center, Pancreatic Cancer Research, Attn: Dr. Gauri Varachachary at 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 426 in Houston, TX 77030. Donations can also be sent to Student Foundation Endowed Scholarship at Baylor University at One Bear Place 97050, Waco, TX 76798.
"For me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain." (Philippians 1:21)
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Monday, October 25, 2010
After missing the first Baylor Homecoming of my life for a friends wedding last year I had to make up double time for Jackson's first one of his life. We had a wonderful weekend with old friends and family and have spent the day resting from all the fun!
Jackson is with Hunter (Donna's BU roomate's grandson) at Bob-O and YaYa's house!
Jackson slept for 8 hours that night after Homecoming! By far the most he has ever slept!
Traditional family Judge Baylor Pic
See you next year homecoming!