Wednesday, December 29, 2010
This is Jackson's "Froggie". Some may call it a lovie or a bubba, but Ryan would not go for those names, we will have to wait and see what Jackson wants to call it. Many of you know that I had a blanket that I called "blankie" that I was very attached to and slept with every night of my life up until the day I got married. Then I retired it to my sock drawer where it waits in case I need it one day. I hope Jackson doesn't have his that long but at this age I think every baby needs something that creates safety and gives comfort. Don't worry, we got 3 extras and Pottery Barn Kids has more if we run out! :)
Monday, December 27, 2010
Jackson has turned 4 months and the time could have not gone by faster! One year ago today (12/27/09) I got a positive pregnancy test! Now I have a big healthy baby boy! Here is what he has been up to this month:
- He is all about grabbing things (ex. my hair, Ryan's lip, "froggie" and many new toys)
- He is a drooler (not even teething yet!)
- He is great at focusing on things: his hands, toys, lights, our iPhone, the TV, and Ryan and I (especially when he is mad and blames us for it).
- Still cries after every feeding until he gets his pacifier
- Smiles, giggles, talks and coos a lot!
- Thinks it is hilarious when he gets a shirt pulled over his head for a wardrobe change
- Before the holidays he was on a perfect schedule (going to sleep by 8:30 PM and waking between 7:30 and 8AM (hopefully we will get back to it soon!)
- He can roll over from back to front and front to back
- At exactly 4 months I found him one morning swaddled and on his stomach, I guess this means no more swaddling, yikes!
- Still cries at the smallest pee diaper
- Pretty much still a perfect baby! We feel so lucky and blessed!
1/7/2011: 4 month appointment: 12.6 lbs (10th precentile), 26 inches in length and a big ole head!
He is a bit skinny so we will work on getting his weight up this next month!
Friday, December 24, 2010
Mom Ruth looking cute in her scarf!
Brandon with Clarey, Campbell and Carter
Ya-ya's Christmas Tree before opening all the gifts! (Campbell was napping)
Ya-Ya got them all matching outfits to wear to church.
Jackson and Pop
Madilyn and her first tricycle.
All the loot! He is one spoiled little guy!
He can fit into his stocking!! Love it!
Monday, December 20, 2010
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Friday, December 3, 2010
- He is on a more consistent schedule now: He wakes up at 6AM for a feeding, then goes back to sleep till his 9 AM feeding, then he is awake for an hour and a half, 10:30 AM nap, 12PM feeding, 1:30 nap, 3PM feeding, 4:30 nap, 6PM feeding, 7:45 bath, 8PM bedtime, 9 last feeding, then he sleeps all night :)
- Poops once a day, after his noon feeding
- He is smiling and "talking"
- Recognizes me and Ryan
- Has to be swaddled to sleep
- Magician at getting his arms out of his swaddle
- Started to hold toys when we give them to him
- Hates being in his car seat when we are not moving
- Sleeps well in Baby Bjorn
- Cries at every slightly dirty diaper
- Loves his bouncy seat and floor mat
- Sometimes he takes naps in his swing
- Sleeps in his crib
- Takes a pacifier to fall asleep
- Still in size 1 diapers and 3-6 month clothes
- 12 pounds (he is skinny and long)
- Made it to his first Baylor and A&M football games
- Had his first babysitter (3 times in Waco and once in College Station)
- Smiles a lot when on his changing table and getting a new diaper or clothes change