Thursday, May 13, 2010

Folks, we have a middle name!

Duh Duh Duhhhhh.......

Ryan has finally made up his mind and decided to name Jackson after himself and name him Jackson Matthew Hooks. I am excited to finally be able to get things monogrammed.

Today we had our 24 week appointment and we got to have another ultrasound and see him, yes he is still a boy! He is weighing 1 lb. and 12 ounces. Right on track.

I am excited because at the beginning of my pregnancy I lost 10 pounds and have now gained back 4 of those lost pounds. Dr. is happy with my weight gain. I feel like I would have gained more just from the roundness and heaviness of my belly.

Funny story of the week: I was ironing some clothes while watching TV and forgot that my belly was closer to the ironing board than I thought and I drove the iron right into my belly and burned it about 3 inches long. There is still a red scab and it itches like crazy. Then last night I was taking dinner out of the oven and burned my hand in the oven and that one hurt pretty bad, still have a puffy red blotch on the top of my hand. Ryan has forbid me from dealing with anything hot for the remainder of my pregnancy, which is probably a good idea.

Ryan is still working away on the dresser and has been staining it, it should be done soon and then we will post pictures.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I totally did the ironing board burn when i was preggers with ethan. had a scar for the longest time. funny, huh? and then burned my hands/wrist/arm all the time with the oven last summer (don't know why...) but I have always heard to be extra careful in the kitchen after you have a new baby b/c you are sleep deprived and clumsy and can cut yourself easily. ahh... the perils of parenthood!