Thursday, May 5, 2011

8 months

I have to say that I am loving this age, how responsive he is to me, thinks that I am hysterical and how he loves his Momma!  I am very very lucky to be at home with him everyday as Ryan provides for our family.  I want to cry just thinking about if I had to go to work and leave this precious miracle.  Time is surely flying by and Jackson is getting cuter every day!  Here are some things that I want to remember about this past month...

(we did have this sleeper in 0-3 months but loved it so much we
bought it in 12-18 months, if anyone noticed, thanks Jenny and Lucas!)
  • Started making a very sad continuous whimpering sound ALOT (not sure if it is tooth related)
  • Blows raspberries with or without food in his mouth (freaks the dogs out!)
  • Can feel a very small but sharp part of tooth coming in on bottom
  • His "big boy" hair is coming in
  • Will push up onto all fours and rock but then pushes himself backwards until he hits a wall
  • Still very ticklish (neck, back, sides/ribs)
  • Still has the cutest chunk cheeks and I hope he never looses them!
  • Favorite toy- Jumper that attaches in the doorway, he can do this for an hour
    • Twice he has jumped so much that his poop squeezed out onto the floor, then he proceeded to jump in that as well. Thank goodness for hardwood floors!
  • Started riding in the buggies in stores and high chairs out to eat
  • Let him lick my yogurt and he loved it (I only let him do this once!)
  • Very laid back and happy most of the time but must have your attention
  • Has a laugh that lights up my world
  • Touches everything with his pointer finger, he likes details (screws, jewelry, monograms, your face)
  • Eating 4 8oz bottles of formula every 4 hours and still loves his veggies and fruits
  • Drank water from a cup pretty well

  • Sleeping all night 9-9
  • Still hates a dirty diaper and stays pretty constipated (BM every other day)
  • 1st Easter (In Waco with Ya-Ya and the cousins)
  • 1st Royal wedding watching on TV (Prince William and Catherine Middleton)

    No comments: