Monday, August 27, 2012

A letter to my baby on his 2nd birthday

To my sweet Jackson,

     I cannot tell you how much I love being your mommy.  You are the sweetest little 2 year old and I cannot get enough of you. When you were born you gave me my greatest challenge and blessing in my life.  I just wanted to tell you a few things about yourself so we can always remember this most wonderful time in your life.  You have been smiling and laughing since birth and now even more so.  Your smile makes everyone that comes into contact with you so happy, we laugh because you laugh. You love to be chased and tickled, you are so ticklish. You love music, especially when I sing it calms you down.  I sing "Good Night, Sweet Heart" (from the movie 3 men and a baby) to you every night. Veggie Tales is your favorite to sing along to, I am sure you will know the words by heart soon. You love hanging out with your daddy, y'all are best buds.  Sometimes you prefer him over me, but that is OK because I love how close you are to him. 



You play well with others and never push or fight over a toy, you share very well.  But, you do not like when I hold other babies, you demand to be the only baby that I hold.  You love books and for that reason I made the theme of your 2nd birthday party Safari based off your current favorite book "Way Far Away On A Wild Safari".  You know all your body parts and animal sounds.  You jabber all the time in lengthy sentences but not a lot of English is being used yet.  We have many nicknames for you: Jack-Jack, J, Bug-a-boo, Bug, Boo, Baby J, (your dad calls you B, who knows why), we debate when we will have to stop referring to you as "baby". Time will tell. 



You still love "Froggie" and take him everywhere, since December you have added "Bear", given to you by Mimi, to the mix.  You sleep 10-12 hours a night and nap 2-3 hrs. in the afternoon.  You have always been a great sleeper.  You are a picky eater but you do drink chocolate milk, and I have seen you put down a cookie to eat more oranges.  You eat tons of oranges! You love putting hats on yourself and others, you think it is hysterical. You don't freak out about many things but you hate getting your hair cut, you scream like we are hurting you.  I hope we are not creating a phobia of hair cutting. Sometimes you cry when dad brushes your teeth, he wants you to have healthy and perfect teeth. 

We love you more than anything and pray that you will grow up into a man who seeks God first and walks closely to Him. 

Love your parents,

Momma and Daddy

No comments: