Monday, April 12, 2010

It's a BOY!!!!



We have made it to 19 weeks and we finally got to see our baby again! It is confirmed that it is a BOY and we are so excited about this. I have been guessing it was a boy from the day we got pregnant and pretty much everyone else that I know guessed a boy as well. We are naming him Jackson after my grandfather Jack Rhodes. I am so happy that I get to pass along my grandfathers wonderful legacy to my son (he will have big shoes to fill :). I am half way through the pregnancy, but this is the fun part, decorating his room, buying clothes...etc...
This is a great profile pic of him with his hand by his face. During the sonogram he was moving around a lot so I am glad we caught him being still for once. Ryan and I had planned on waiting to tell our parents a week after the appointment in person, but by 7PM that night we were too excited to wait. We met my parents at Hearne with a blue and pink sonic drink and made them guess the sex then we told them which one it was. On our way home we called Ryan's parents, my grandmother Mom Ruth, and Ryan's brother and sis-in-law. I was able to tell my brother and sis-in law the next morning and everyone was surprised. I would have loved to see all their faces but it was too much pressure to keep this secret.

Let the shopping and decorating commence!

No comments: