Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ryan's latest projects

Ryan has been working hard for weeks to create a nursery dresser from scratch. He has impressed me to no end and what talents he possesses. He is making it out of maple and we are going to put a dark stain on it. It is modeled after a dresser that I love in Pottery Barn but of course was 700 dollars and he guarantees me that he can make it for 250 or less. Time will tell. This is his first major wood working project and I have all confidences that it is going to be beautiful.

This is the current stage of the dresser and I am proud to say that after weeks of Ryan's prep work today was the first day that I stayed in the garage to help him glue, clamp, and move around the dresser.

This is the toy box that Ryan made for the nursery. It has slow release hinges so no little fingers get smashed. I hope to also make a cushion top for it to use as a window seat in the nursery. I am so proud of Ryan's first baby room project! It turned out great.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am so impressed!! I would love it if my husband were into that type of thing because of this website http://knockoffwood.blogspot.com/ with, like, a million cool things to build...

you are going to love a little boy... they are so sweet, and they love their mama's...

Brittany, Ryan and Jackson said...

Steph,

Thanks for that blog, those things are so cute and I am getting Ryan to look at it for future ideas! :) I know that I am lucky to have such a handy husband!